This weekend I had the good fortune of being invited to a friend's family home in Galena, Illinois. Well, more precisely, in the Galena Territory, near the town of Galena, Illinois. We had a lovely weekend of friends, great food, relaxation, seeing some local sites, a farmer's market, board games, a winery, and more food. Plenty of time to sleep and read. Pancakes for breakfast. Not much else this girl could ask for.
While away, I finished reading Julie Powell's Julie & Julia, the memoir that inspired the movie of the same title. It was such a fun book, and quite a bit crazy, as well.
Today I completed the long weekend by sleeping in, watching old episodes of ER, last week's Project Runway, and going to see Taking Woodstock with some friends. Demetri Martin was pretty great, though the Liev Schreiber/Henry Goodman duo stole the show a little bit. All in all, pretty entertaining.
Today I also made an incredibly easy, but simply delicious cauliflower soup. Check it out over at Smitten Kitchen.
I hope your holiday weekend was as great as mine!
1 comment:
Love the Smitten, and love cauliflower soup. Ina makes a great Roasted Cauliflower Soup that give it a little richer flavor but Deb's is equally good. Yum!
Post a Comment