Saturday, March 10
Checked off the List
I have a running list of things I want to do during my life. Some are serious, like travel to all 7 continents (yes, Antarctica), or to know that I have helped to make someone's life better, or to read everything Charles Dickens and Virginia Woolf ever wrote. Others are a little more silly and trivial. Like to go to at least one event in every major professional sporting league. Tonight I made it to my first professional hockey game. I think I like hockey. :)
I had the lovely company of my roommate (Amanda), Carissa, and a new friend Stephanie (because I need more Stephanies in my life)... and the 4 rather drunk guys behind us. They were pretty funny. The game was decent, though the Wolves did lose 6-4, after gaining a 3-1 lead in the first period. What makes it all even better are the free tickets for seats that were really good. Right near center ice opposite the team benches, 4 rows from the ice itself. Remind me of this when I say that my job has no perks. Thanks Elk Grove Graphics!
Labels:
Sports
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Accept, O Lord, my thanks and praise for all that you have done for me. I thank you for the splendor of the whole creation, for the beauty of this world, for the wonder of life, and for the mystery of love. Above all, I thank you for your Son Jesus Christ; for the truth of His Word and the example of his life; for his steadfast obedience, by which he overcame death; and for his rising to life again, in which we are raised to the life of your kingdom. Amen.
3 comments:
I think hockey would be a fun sport to watch live.
In basketball news:
Did you see that KU is a No. 1 seed? Yay! But K-State got snubbed. :(
so "the departed" is too violent for you, but you like hockey?!?!
that's messed up.
;)
hockey! what a sursprise, but I'm sure you'll be a loyal fan... ;)
Post a Comment