
The text on this spread reads:
"Welcome those who are weak in faith, but do not argue with them about their personal opinions. Some people's faith allows them to eat anything, but the person who is weak in faith eats only vegetables."
"Welcome those who are weak in faith, but do not argue with them about their personal opinions. Some people's faith allows them to eat anything, but the person who is weak in faith eats only vegetables."
This passage is from Romans 14, verses 1 and 2, and appears opposite this image in the Bible Illuminated that I am working my way through this week. The spread is fairly indicative of the images and juxtapositions found throughout the book. Before I write extensively about my own reactions and opinions to this sort of imagery and process in presenting the Biblical canon, I'd love to hear what you think.
Some questions to consider:
http://www.illuminatedworld.com/
Pre-order Bible Illuminated on Amazon
Some questions to consider:
- What is your first, visceral reaction to this image?
- What do you like/dislike about presentations like this?
- How much does imagery affect your consideration of the text?
- Does this spread make you want to look more deeply into Bible Illuminated?
http://www.illuminatedworld.com/
Pre-order Bible Illuminated on Amazon
3 comments:
I must say, I don't find the bird heads (and the cooked bird eyeballs) appealing AT ALL.
my first reaction is: "gross."
and, why is she wearing so much bling while handling this turkey?
my friend read this verse to me, jokingly, as a way to say hey you shouldn't be a vegetarian.
makes me want to read romans again to see the context it is in. and then write a kickass argument for why i AM a vegetarian.
the end.
oh, p.s. you are great!
oh, and yes it is intriguing. makes me want to explore this bible illuminated thing a lot more.
Post a Comment