Claudia knew that she could never pull off the old-fashioned kind of running away. That is, running away in the heat of anger with a knapsack on her back. ... Therefore, she decided that her leaving home would not be just running from somewhere but would be running to somewhere. To a large place, a comfortable place, an indoor place, and preferably a beautiful place. And that's why she decided upon the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City. ...
(From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler, E.L. Konigsburg)
3 comments:
I read that book to my class this year. I love it. Thank for the card. -Ker
I LOVE this passage you posted, Meg. Claudia has a good attitude - one of taking a risk to move into a new place, one full of the promise of TRUE beauty, space, and comfort. If we are earnest about seeking our Father about this, He has promised that He is a good Father who will provide great blessings for His Beloved children. The boundaries He sets are pleasant, and His burden is light. I am excited to make that move, take that risk, whenever He calls me to it - to return to Him.
Jeremiah 24:7 -
"I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the LORD. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me with all their heart."
Hi! I love it. It's so YOU. :)
Post a Comment